Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You must not have anything to eat or drink (including water) since midnight the night before your appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain at the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for at least 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled, secure shoes(no flip-flops).
- Glasses, dentures, and sometimes jewelry must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hancock prior to your surgical date for instructions.