Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary information. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- If you are the patients guardian (other than the parent of a minor), you must bring the appropriate legal documentation (i.e. POA forms, guardianship papers).
- Photo ID (if the patient is a minor the accompanying parents/guardians photo ID will be needed).
- If you are currently being treated for a medical condition, please bring the name and contact information for the physician(and specialist if applicable).
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
- Although we do file your insurance as a courtesy, payment is expected at the time services are rendered.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our facility.